Monday, July 30, 2007

Second Meeting

A few days ago, I met my birth mother!

I apologize for not updating the blog more often but it is hard for me to write about it when I'm not even sure what I am feeling myself. The whole experience has finally settled into my conscious state of mind and is no longer an indescribable experience but something that holds great meaning to me. My birth mother was a little on the quiet side and I think that this was due to shock and embarrassment. I greatly respect her strength for coming to meet me and to face her past.

About an hour after we met, my birth mother called Mikyung and asked how I felt. She still wasn't home and was still crying. In addition, she explained how she was completely overwhelmed but I think that there could not have been any other reaction. Fortunately, in my case, I had about a year to prepare myself for the experience but she had only a few days when she was notified by SWS that I was in Korea to meet her.

Tomorrow I am meeting with her for a second time. I am so happy that it seems as though she wants to know more about me and that she is willing to open up her heart up to me. She seems to care about me a great deal. I care about her as well and even realized that I somehow loved her. How can I love someone I don't even know.

I love it that my parents and birthmother met. It was amazing and surreal that all of us were in the same room. I will never forget it.

- Jason

1 comment:

Andie D. said...

Wow Jason.

You mentioned that you somehow loved her, a person that you don't even know. Have you read "The Primal Wound"? According to research in the book, you DO know her. She nurtured you in her body for 9 months.

I had similar feelings upon meeting my bmom. I honestly have had conflicting feelings about the primal wound theory, but there is no denying the fact that there is a connection.

I'm really glad for you that it's going well and that your aparents are a part of it too. Take it one day at a time and enjoy!