Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Birthmother

Today I met my birthmother and my aunt at SWS in South Korea. I can't believe that it already happened. I have been waiting for over a year to meet her and have thought about this moment my entire life. It was extremely emotional but also strangely uplifting. I feel a certain kind of ease that I've never felt before and feel as though I have solved some sort of mystery about my life. I've never heard the saying / phrase "you look like your father or mother" or "we have the same face." Today I did. I think my birthmother was very overwhelmed and stunned by the meeting. It seemed to bring up a lot of feelings about her past that she seemed to have wanted to forget but I am impressed and touched that for me she was willing to come and meet me. In addition, my parents came and met her which was a very emotional event for everyone. All in all, I am thrilled and very happy that I was able to have the opportunity to meet her. This is and will be one of the most memorable days in my life. I will post more on this tomorrow...

- Jason