Sunday, July 15, 2007

Birth Family Update

It's hard to believe that we're in Korea and have already started to adjust into the culture. It hasn't hit me yet that we're here actually in production which Mikyung and I have been planning for nearly a year.

The chances of finding my birth parents are higher than ever. On July 6, 2007, my birthday my adoption agency found my birthfather and also received a letter from my birth mother indicating that she wants to meet me. The journey of finding my birth family has been long, frustrating, and yet still remains exciting. To know one's own family and blood is something many take for granted but is something that adoptees struggle with every day of their lives. With that said, I am extremely happy and excited to be here but can only imagine what the rest of the trip has in store for me.

-Jason

1 comment: