Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Surprise Phone Call

We went to a traditional Korean Folk Village today with Jason's parents and the whole crew (Larkin just arrived a few days ago). And it was so much fun to see what old Korea was like, and the entire village was very impressive. We stayed there for about 4 hours, and my only regret was that the last bus departed at 5pm - I could have walked around for another hour.

On the bus ride back, I unexpectedly received a phone call directly from Jason's birth mother. This was the second time she had called me, and both times her voice was soft, timid, and also quite sad. It is a strange feeling for me to be speaking directly in Korean with Jason's birth mother, but also a very privileged feeling and an honor to be able to understand and talk with her. She expressed to me many things, and most importantly that she wanted to see Jason again this weekend, if she could make the time (she just gave birth very recently and has to take care of her young newborn). So I really hope that we will see her again, and that this second meeting will be filled with laughter and with less tears.

- Mikyung

2 comments:

Monica said...

I'm so proud of you guys. Keep strong

<3

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be happier for you Jason and for the entire production team. I have been thinking about you guys a a lot. What you're doing is unbelievable. I admire your passion and hope to have an opportunity like this is my lifetime. Keep it up guys - my prayers are with you.

-Mark