Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fitting In

To a certain extent, I think it's important to fit in. I don't mean this is a "conformist" way but rather it's important to find a place in which one feels comfortable. Whether it's a group of friends, a larger community, or even an area. There are so many ways that someone can identify ones' self. I think it's important to figure this out for yourself and not seek acceptance everywhere.

Growing up, I never wanted to be a part of the Korean culture and embrace my heritage but by choice I wanted to as I grew older. Obviously, this is a personal choice and is one of the many ways I am comfortable identifying myself as.

1 comment:

JohnnyNotToScale said...

Good Post. Fitting in, as you've described it, is a very real human necessity. The difficulty arises when trying to achieving this without compromising too much of one's self.