Wednesday, October 31, 2007

ThirdCat Lives on...

I apologize that I've been MIA for a little while. Post Production has completely consumed my life. Editing is going extremely well though. Last Thursday, we completed our first rough cut which is even better than I thought it would be at this point.


There are three editors working on this film including myself. As an adoptee and the director of "Going Home," it's extremely important that this is done right. I've found that it's incredibly hard to separate myself from this "experience" and the "material" which were at first the same thing but have now become separate entities all together. It's good to have the clarity as an editor to properly see the story and content but there is a limit as to how far I can remove myself from the actual events this past summer.


It is now months after we returned from Seoul and it feels like I'm still there whenever I edit and watch the footage. It is constantly on my mind and is quite haunting. 


With all of this said, "Going Home" is proving to be a successful adoption film but also a personal journey that still has not ended...

No comments: